Thursday, December 7, 2006

Best Pizza Dough. Ever!

Pizza Dough
3 TBSP Yeast
3 Cups warm water (110*-115*F)
7&1/2 cups flour
6 TBSP Olive Oil
3 tsp. Sugar *I have used Brown sugar because we don't have sugar here very often. I bet you could also try honey. Raw unfiltered honey is SO Good! If you have not tried it...go get some!
3 tsp. Salt
1 TBSP each of Basil, Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Garlic (can sub powdered garlic or canned minced garlic)

Disolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients; beat vigorously w/mixer (my mixer is broken and I just use a wooden spoon, go as fast as I can and it still turns out great). Let rest 5 minutes before rolling out. Top with sauce & toppings and bake @ 450*F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted. You can brush the crust with Olive oil and sprinkle with more parm cheese and garlic powder. I've also used all wheat flour for this recipe except for 1 cup of white flour. The variations are endless, really.

This makes a lot of crusts. So you can either make four crusts and freeze two (wrapped in a ball and then in a baggie in freezer) or just cut the measurements in half and make two pizzas. I just make two. I can't stand thawing out frozen balls of pizza crusts! Takes less time to just make up a new batch.

After I found this recipe - I knew my search for the perfect homemade crust was over. The family says it's better than pizza from a restaurant.

:)

No comments: